- Read the story to your child
- Encourage your child to lift the flaps
- Together, have a guessing game – which animal is behind each flap?
- Encourage your child to join in with the repeats – ‘I sent him back.’
- Talk together about your favourite animals
- Count together how many animals are in the story
- Talk together about the meaning of the word ‘perfect.’
- How does the story end?
Beyond Dear Zoo
- Which animal would you like to have sent to you from the zoo?
- Together, find out some facts about frogs.
- Can you jump like a frog?
- Can you pretend to be some of the other animals in the story?
- Using the paper in the pack, draw your own animal under the flap
Useful Websites for Dear Zoo story