- Read the book to your child
- Encourage your child to lift the flaps
- Together, have a guessing game – which animal is behind each flap?
- Count each set of animals with your child
- Talk together about your favourite animal in the book
- Count together the animals at the end of the book
- Can you make the noises the animals make
- Talk together about the meaning of the word ‘speckled’
- What is the biggest number?
Beyond Farm 123
- Which animal would you like to see at the farm?
- Together, find out some facts about hens.
- Can you jump like a rabbit?
- Can you pretend to be some of the other animals in the story?
Useful Websites for Farm 123 story