- Read the story to your child
- Together, make the animal sounds
- Using the clues in the pictures, can you say which animal is coming next?
- Encourage your child to join in with the repeats: ‘It’s mine!’
- Talk together about which animal you liked best in the story
- Count together how many animals there are
- Fold the pages together to make the lion’s mouth move
- How does the story end?
Beyond It’s Mine!
- Can you pretend to be some of the other animals in the story?
- Talk together about your favourite animal
Useful Websites for It’s Mine! story