Jack and the Beanstalk (Magic Beans)
How many beans make 5
- Read the story to your child.
- Count the magic beans together.
- Pretend to be Jack’s mummy and throw the beans on to a table top.
- Together, count how many are purple, how many are cream.
- Can you throw the beans again? Did you get different numbers?
- Can you remember what the giant shouted?
- Can you remember which things Jack took?
- Who is the goody and who is the baddy?
Beyond Jack and the Beanstalk
- Read some different fairytales – The 3 Little Pigs; Goldilocks and the 3 Bears; Cinderella; The 3 Billy Goats Gruff.
- Who are the goodies in these stories? Who are the baddies?
Useful Websites for Jack and the Beanstalk story