Monkey and Me
- Read the story to your child
- Encourage your child to join in with the repeats: ‘Monkey and me, monkey and me……we went to see, we went to see…..’
- Together, make the animal actions: waddle like a penguin, jump like a kangaroo, thump like an elephant, fly like a bat
- Can you say which animal is coming next?
- Talk together about which animal you liked best in the story
- Count together how many penguins there are
- How does the story end?
Beyond Monkey and Me
- Together, find out some facts about monkeys.
- Together, find out some facts about bats.
- Can you pretend to be some of the other animals in the story?
- Talk together about your favourite animal
Useful Websites for Monkey and Me story