- Read the story to your child
- Talk about who is in your family
- Why did mummy go out?
- What does Bill say every time?
- How do you know from the pictures what time of day it is?
- Talk together about any other animals that come out at night time?
- Can you find out what the word ‘nocturnal’ means?
- How does the story end?
Beyond Owl Babies
Play a ‘who is taller’ game:
- Get everyone in the family to stand in a line and order them according to height – who is tallest? How do you know?
- Can you find things in your house that are tall or short?
- Have you got brothers and sisters? Are they bigger or smaller than you?
- How tall are you? Can your parent / carer measure your height?
- Together, find out some owl facts.
- Can you make the noise an owl makes?
Useful Websites for Owl Babies story