Peace at Last!
- Read the story to your child
- Encourage your child to join in with the repeat: ‘Oh NO, I can’t stand THIS.’
- Why can’t Mr Bear sleep?
- Where did he go?
- What noise did he hear in each place he went?
- Can you make the noises together?
- Together, talk about what the word ‘refrigerator’ means.
- Can you see from the pictures what time of day it is?
- Talk together about the noises in the garden
- How does the story end?
Beyond Peace at Last!
- What noises can you hear in your house?
- What noises can you hear outside at night?
- Together, find out some facts about hedgehogs.
- Can you make the noise a hedgehog makes?
- Look up the word ‘nocturnal’ together
Useful Websites for Peace at Last! story