- Read the story to your child
- Together, find these things in the pictures: milk churns, a pear tree, a goat, a bird’s nest with eggs in it, a butterfly, a bird, two frogs, two mice, a windmill, bags of corn, a spider’s web, a grasshopper.
- Talk together about what is happening on the pages with no words.
- Who is the goody and who is the baddy?
- Does Rosie see the fox?
- Why does the flour fall on the fox’s head?
- Who chases the fox?
- What does Rosie get back home in time for?
- How does the story end?
Beyond Rosie’s Walk
- Where do bees live and what do they make?
- Using the Rosie in your pack, take her on a walk in your house and describe where she is using positional language? For example, ‘Rosie is under the table’; ‘Rosie is behind the chair.’
- Together find out some facts about foxes.
Useful Websites for Rosie’s Walk story