Shark in the Park
- Read the story to your child
- What is the brand new toy?
- Encourage your child to join in with the repeats: ‘Timothy Pope, Timothy Pope is looking through his telescope,’ ‘There’s a Shark in the Park!’
- Can you act out the actions in the story together?: ‘look at the sky, look at the ground, look left and right, look all around’
- Talk together about the things that Timothy sees
- How does the story end?
Beyond Shark in the Park
- Using the paper in the pack, together roll it into a tube shape. Use the sticky labels to hold it together. Now you have your own telescope – what can you see through it?
- Can you copy Timothy’s actions looking up, down, left, right and all around?
- Find out some facts about sharks
- Talk together about going to the park
- Does your park have a pond?
Useful Websites for Shark in the Park story