Ten in the Bed
- Read or sing the story to your child.
- Together, say how many will be left after each animal has fallen out of bed?
- Together, count the animals to check how many are left.
- What are the animals?
- Which animal in the story do you like best?
- Talk together about what is happening in the pictures
- Sing 10 in the bed together
- How does the story end?
Beyond Ten in the Bed
- Layout your toys and sing Ten in the Bed taking one away when they rollover. Count how many are left or count backward
Sing some number rhymes together with a counting backward focus:
- 5 Little Men in a Flying Saucer
- 5 Little Ducks Went Swimming One Day
- 5 Currant Buns
Useful Websites for Ten in the Bed story