The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Read the story to your child
- Encourage your child to join in with the repeats: ‘Who’s that trip-trapping across my bridge?’
- Can you pretend to be the Troll?
- Can you pretend to be the billy goats and ‘trip trap, trip trap,’ over the bridge? Use different voices for each size
- Who is the goody? Who is the baddy?
- Talk together about what a troll is.
- Count the goats together
- Are they all the same? Talk together about the different sizes
- Why did the goats want to cross the bridge?
- Together find out the meaning of the word ‘meadow’
- How does the story end?
Beyond The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Read some different fairytales – Jack and the Beanstalk; Goldilocks and the 3 Bears; Cinderella; The 3 Little Pigs; The Gingerbread Man
- Who are the goodies in these stories? Who are the baddies?
- Make a bridge at home and put the troll in the pack underneath. Act out the story
Useful Websites for The Three Billy Goats Gruff story