The Three Little Pigs
- Read the story to your child
- Encourage your child to join in with the repeats: ‘Little pig, little pig, let me come in.’ ‘Then I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow you’re house in.’
- Can you pretend to be The Big Bad Wolf?
- Encourage your child to join in with the repeats: ‘No, not by the hairs on my chinny, chin, chin.’
- Can you pretend to be one of the three little pigs?
- Who is the goody? Who is the baddy?
- Talk together about what the houses were made of.
- What happens to the house of straw?
- What happens to the house of sticks?
- What happens to the house of bricks?
- How does the story end?
Beyond The Three Little Pigs
- Read some different fairytales – Jack and the Beanstalk; Goldilocks and the 3 Bears; Cinderella; The 3 Billy Goats Gruff.
- Who are the goodies in these stories? Who are the baddies?
Useful Websites for The Three Little Pigs story