The Tiger Who Came to Tea
- Read the story to your child
- Talk about who is in your family
- What do you have for tea?
- Talk together about the things the tiger ate and drank
- Why couldn’t Sophie have her bath?
- Count together how many are in the family?
- What is your favourite part of the story?
- Do you think the tiger ever came back?
- How does the story end?
Beyond The Tiger Who Came to Tea
- Who else might come to tea?
- What animal would you like to come to tea?
- What would you feed the tiger?
- Have a pretend tea party with your toys
- Who would be sitting around your table for tea?
- Use the teabag to make a cup of tea. Talk with your child about the kettle and what it is for – add some milk and when the tea has cooled, have a taste! – Did you like it?
Useful Websites for The Tiger Who Came to Tea story
Youtube – The Tiger that came to Tea story
Youtube – The Tiger that came to Tea stage show
BBC Bitesize – Animal Patterns