The Very Busy Spider
- Read the story to your child
- Encourage your child to touch the Spider’s web and find the fly on the opposite page with their fingers
- Together, have fun joining in with the noises the animals make
- Count together how many animals are in the story
- What does the spider make?
- What is the web for?
- Talk together about the meaning of the word ‘spinning.’
- Together, draw a web
- How does the story end?
Beyond The Very Busy Spider
- Together, find out some facts about spiders.
- Talk together about your favourite animals
- Can you pretend to be some of the animals in the story?
Useful Websites for The Very Busy Spider story