Size, height, comparative language
- Read the story to your child
- Talk about who is in your family
- Who is the tallest; who is the shortest?
- Who had the tallest thing in the end?
- Stress the language “short; shorter; shortest; tall; taller; tallest” to your child
Play a ‘who is taller’ game
- Get everyone in the family to stand in a line and order them according to height – who is the tallest? How do you know?
- Can you find things in your house that are tall or short?
- Find some twigs from the park and line them up from shortest to longest.
- Draw around your hand and cut it out. Use it as a measuring tool: how many hands tall is your kitchen table? How many hands tall are you? Are your hands as long as your feet? What else can you measure using your hand?
- How tall are you? Can your parent / carer measure your height?
Useful Websites for Titch story