Walking Through the Jungle
- Read the story to your child
- Encourage your child to join in with the repeats: ‘Walking through the jungle, what do you see? Can you hear a noise? What could it be?’; ‘Over there a …. Looking for his tea’
- Together, make the animal sounds
- Can you say which animal is coming next?
- Can you pretend to go through the jungle in the different ways that are in the book: walking, creeping, running, leaping, swinging, wading
- Together, find out the meaning of the word ‘wading’
- Talk together about which animal you liked best in the story
- Count together how many animals there are
- How does the story end?
Beyond Walking Through the Jungle
- Together, find out some facts about crocodiles
- Together, find out some facts about lions.
- Can you pretend to be some of the other animals in the story?
- Talk together about your favourite animal
Useful Websites for Walking Through the Jungle story