Where the Wild Things Are
- Read the story with your child.
- Talk together about what happened to Max’s room.
- Talk about what the monsters look like.
- Together, count how many there are.
- What do they all do together?
- Can you do a monster dance?
- Can you find out what the word ‘rumpus’ means?
- How does the story end?
Beyond Where the Wild Things Are
- Using the monster finger puppets, can you make them roar at each other and gnash their terrible teeth?
- Can you roll your eyes and pretend to be a monster?
- Can you make the monster puppets dance on your fingers and have a ‘rumpus’?
Useful Websites for Where the Wild Things Are story